Monday, November 3, 2008

Last Night (Sep. 18)

As any good night ought to, this started with me having dinner with a stunningly beautiful girl...

8:45 and I get a call asking if I want to go to Wendover. I'm in no position to gamble money so of course I say yes.


Me and Claxton get on the road at about 9:45. We have ourselves a flask of rum, a pepsi, and a couple tablet of ritalin for Clay to sniff to stay awake (I don't know). Anyhow, about 60 miles out from our destination, a cop pulls me over. Awesome. Clay is scrabeling to hide his illegal perscription drugs that are in a line on his lap, and the half empty flask of rum, of which I've taken a couple pulls off of in the last 15 minutes.


I get the sobriety test and am shaking like a sexy monkey in a gorilla pen. I take a breathelizer (and get to keep the straw I blew in to) and blow a .003. Now, I'm no expert, but Im pretty sure after a shot and a half or so, you should be higher than .003. Irish blood.


The cop send me on my way with a 10 over speeding ticket and.... car battery died while I was taking my pop quiz of stupid human tricks. So we have to run up the street and get jumper cables from a trucker, then jump the batttery using the cops car. It was a weird moment.


We get to Wendover and meet up with the rest of the crew at about midnight. I lose $40 playing black jack, so go put $25 down in roulette. Thats $25 turns into $90 so I am up $35 on the night. Time to quit? FUCK NO! Time to wear that $90 down to $5. This is where it gets fun.


I use my usual strategy but with a little more risk for my last go of the night. I place a chip on 8, then one chip on each corner surrounding 8 so basically if it hits a low number, I am pretty much covered. It hits 8. $5 just turned into $70. $5 up, I CASH IN.


Then 30 minutes later, drunk ass Claxton tells me he need a Fiver to play on hand and he can get us a room comped. This is complete bullshit. I give him $10 and no room, but he turns it into $20 and pays me $5 back then loses.


So I have one $5 chip, why not play it? an hour or so later that $5 chip has turned into $75. CASH IN.




So to recap. Ticket is hopefully around $50, I came out ahead $75, and drank about $60 worth of cocktails and got home at 7 AM. Good time.






No comments: